Welcome Message from Dean
I am Chan Sokha, Acting Dean of the Faculty of Science and Technology, would like to respect and welcome you, Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen, and students. I am honored to inform you that the Faculty of Science and Technology offers two majors: Information Technology and Civil Engineering. The faculty provides knowledge related to hands-on practice. The faculty has a laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, a computer repair room, and a computer lab enough for students to acquire real knowledge and skills. These are in high demand in both public and private institutions. Graduates of the Faculty of Science and Technology have become an important resource in helping develop the nation by promoting construction and technology to grow and modernize in line with the evolution of the digital age. In the future, the faculty will be developed into a specialized training center for science and technology in northwestern Cambodia.
The Faculty of Science and Technology of the National University of Battambang is one of the five faculties and institutes established by Sub-Decree No. 26 dated March 21, 2007, on the Establishment of the University of Battambang. The Faculty of Science and Technology has two departments: the Department of Science and the Department of Technology, which offers undergraduate training in two majors: Information Technology and Civil Engineering. The college has trained full-time students to respond to the current job market, especially in the northwestern region of Cambodia.
The vision of the Faculty of Science and Technology is to contribute to society in the development of both technology and construction by encouraging the growth of technical researchers in the relevant units and ministries to provide standardized programs. National and international qualifications provide adequate facilities for students to gain knowledge in line with practical application.
The Faculty of Science and Technology has the following missions:
- Train students in real skills and abilities in response to current job needs
- Provide a curriculum with national qualification standards and practical implementation to ensure that students acquire real knowledge and skills.
- Increase research and innovation and enhance the use of technology to assist in a wide range of daily work.
The Faculty of Science and Technology has the following strategies:
- Curriculum development in accordance with national qualification standards and the labor market, both now and in the future.
- Develop itself as a leading university in the field of science and technology in the region
- Monitor and evaluate the management of teaching and learning on a regular basis to ensure high efficiency, results, and responsibilities.
The curriculum is developed according to the Cambodia Qualification Framework, as well as the current evolution of information technology and labor market needs. The curriculum development was contributed by public and private sector organizations and national and international professors.
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Electricity Electronic and Automation
Bachelor of Information Technology:
The Bachelor of Information Technology program is designed to incorporate theoretical and practical examples to provide students with specific professional skills and competencies. Upon graduation, students will have the ability to manage networks in an organization, solve problems related to technology, design banners and brochures; in particular, students will be able to code, develop information management systems that are secured, and work on both desktop and smartphone applications.
Information technology skill is one of the most in-demand skills in Cambodia. Graduates have the opportunity to work as:
- Manager, organizer, and developer of websites
- Manager and developer of information systems
- Repair and maintenance
- Programmer (computer, smartphone, and Internet applications)
- Public and private employee
- ICT teacher and civil servant
Bachelor of Civil Engineering Program:
The Bachelor of Civil Engineering is designed to provide students with skills to build roads, bridges, and buildings. This course includes concept theory with practical application in the laboratory and construction site according to market needs.
Civil Engineering skill is one of the most in-demand skills in Cambodia. Graduates have the opportunity to work as:
- Site engineer
- On-site investigator and analyst
- Public and private employee
- Design engineer
- Structural engineer
- Office engineer (Drawing, BOQ, Detailing Plans…)
- Site manager (Building, Road, Bridge…)
- Supervisor engineer (Consultancy)
- Survey engineer
- Business owner
- Laboratory engineer