Warm greeting to His and Her excellencies, ladies, gentleman, and students.
On behalf of the leader and staffs of The Faculty of Business Administration and Tourism, I am honored to inform the progress of the Faculty of Business Administration and Tourism in updating in line with the reform of National University of Battambang to be a prestigious, multi-disciplinary and research institution with prestige, excellence and trust in the national and international framework in the future.
At the same time, the Faculty of Business Administration and Tourism has been operating since the founding of the National University of Battambang and has been training human resources with high capacity to be in line with the current labor market. We see that the Faculty of Business Administration and Tourism has seen an increase in the number of undergraduate and graduate students from year to year.
Studying at the Faculty of Business Administration and Tourism, students will gain real knowledge from local and international with lecturer who have high experiences of teaching. The Faculty of Business Administration and Tourism has five majors for bachelor’s degree and one specialization in associate’s degree for students to choose. Those majors include:
1. Business management
3. Finance and Banking
After graduation, students can work in the public and private sectors according to their knowledge and skills.
Background of National University of Battambang
The Faculty of Business Administration and Tourism of the National University of Battambang is one of the five faculties and one institute established by Sub-Decree No. 26 dated March 21, 2007 on the Establishment of the University of Battambang. The Faculty of Business Administration and Tourism is a higher education training institution with the associate’s degree and bachelor’s degree with three departments:
1. Department of Business specializes in Accounting and Marketing
2. The Department of Management specializes in business management and finance and banking
3. The Department of Tourism specializes in tourism.
The Faculty of Business Administration and Tourism plays an important role in training competent human resources and responding to the current labor market, especially in the northwestern region of Cambodia.
The Faculty of Business Administration and Tourism will be a prestigious, multidisciplinary and research faculty of prestige, excellence and credibility within the national framework.
The Faculty of Business and Tourism Management has two main missions:
1. Training competent students at the national level to respond to the labor market
2. Conduct scientific research to serve national productivity and economic growth
To achieve these two missions, the Faculty of Business and Tourism Management has set three goals and four strategies:
Objective 1: Develop a system of governance and expand the capacity of the faculty to improve the quality of management and achievement of the faculty.
Objective 2: Produce 451 students with national ability to respond to the labor market
Objective 3: Produce 64 research results to serve productivity and economic growth
Strategy 1: Cooperation in partnership with national universities with standardized and nationally recognized curricula.
Strategy 2: Collaborate in partnership with universities on investment research projects.
Strategy 3: Organize annual forums to promote study and research and plan investment programs with students, parents, the private sector and development partners.
Strategy 4: Institutional modernization of production, binding and use of data from results and outcomes to seek support from relevant ministries and stakeholders.
E-mail and phone number
- [email protected] | Tel: 012 312 878
- [email protected] | Tel: 012 564 838
- [email protected] | Tel: 012 288 687
- [email protected] | Tel: 012 258 902
Undergraduate and Associate Degree Programs
– Business management: Develop students to be able to solve all the overall operations of the institution. The study focuses on learning outcomes, knowledge, thinking skills, interpersonal and responsible communication skills, arithmetic, information and communication skills, and psychology. Graduates will have job opportunities such as company manager, enterprise or business entity, business manager’s assistant, business operator, personal business owner, business management researcher and career consultant.
– Accounting: Develop students to become professional accountants, consultants in financial markets, business development projects and prepare financial statements for enterprises, businesses and public institutions. Graduates will be able to find many careers such as accountant, tax consultant, financial manager, internal auditor and other careers related to accounting.
– Financial and banking: This major is a good choice for those who want to become experts in financial markets such as bank and financial institution. The study focuses on learning outcomes, knowledge development, the ability to use technology in data analysis, research, innovation, theory and practice. Upon graduating from this field, students have the opportunity to work as a technician in the field of finance and banking, as an assistant manager of a bank, financial company or other entity, as a business owner, as a researcher in the field of banking and finance and as a career consultant.
–Marketing: Marketing Skills develops students on marketing strategies, marketing planning, marketing process management, analysis and market evaluation for industries, trades and services. Upon graduation, students will be able to gain many job opportunities such as becoming a Marketing Specialist, Sales Specialist, Advertising and Services Specialist, especially travel agents, airlines, tour operators and Entrepreneurs in business, commerce and real estate.
-Tourism Skills: Provides students with theoretical and practical knowledge for the management of the tourism and hospitality business, tour guides, as well as travel businesses. Upon graduation, graduates gain many job opportunities, such as travel agencies and services in the private and government sectors, as operators in the hotel, service industry, and sales promotion sectors.
Management (Associate Degree in Management): Develop students’ ability to solve all the overall operations of the institution. The study focuses on learning outcomes which basic knowledge necessary for business planning, competency, teamwork, use of computer systems and knowledge of human resource management. Upon graduation, students will be able to gain many job opportunities, such as becoming a small business owner, entrepreneur in a business enterprise, business researcher, marketer and business assistant.